West Virginia Statewide Addressing and Mapping Board (WVSAMB)
The West Virginia Statewide Addressing and Mapping Board (WVSAMB) was created to provide city-style addresses for the large rural areas of the state of West Virginia. The project will ensure that rural areas of the state are accorded access to the same level of prompt and accurate emergency service as urban areas. WVSAMB is employing the latest digital mapping, global positioning, wireless telecommunications and geographic information systems technologies to complete the project.
West Virginia has signed a contract with BAE SYSTEMS ADR to create true color orthophotos at 1:4800 scale (1" = 400 ft.) from statewide aerial photography captured in spring 2003. By December 2004, BAE will deliver the orthoimagery and derived planimetrics for street centerlines, hydrography, building centroids, footprints for major structures, and Digital Terrain Models (DTM) with breaklines that support certain accuracies.
Orthophoto and Mapping Phase RFP
(1) Expression of Interest EOI# SAM-0202 (Nov. 2002) PDF format
(2) Preliminary Photo Coverage Index Map (Nov. 2002) PDF format
(3) West Virginia Selects BAE SYSTEMS to Provide Digital Mapping Services (Apr. 2003)
(4) BAE SYSTEMS ADR Project Status (Click on WV Project Site)
Advancement of State's Spatial Data Infrastructure
(1) WV SAMB Impact on WV Spatial Data Infrastructure (Jan. 2003) Word Document
(2) Potential NSDI/Government Value-Added Products (Apr. 2003) Word Document
WV Statewide Addressing and Mapping Board Website (http://www.addressingwv.org/)