West Virginia Statewide Addressing and Mapping Board (WVSAMB)
The West Virginia Statewide Addressing and Mapping Board (WVSAMB) was created to provide city-style addresses for the large rural areas of the state of West Virginia. The project will ensure that rural areas of the state are accorded access to the same level of prompt and accurate emergency service as urban areas. WVSAMB is employing the latest digital mapping, global positioning, wireless telecommunications and geographic information systems technologies to complete the project.
The private sector is playing a key role as the statewide addressing and mapping project continues to move forward. Michael Baker Corporation was selected as the project manager to provide oversight for the design, development, and implementation of the statewide addressing and mapping system. BAE SYSTEMS ADR was selected to deliver statewide orthophotos at 1:4800 scale (1" = 400 ft.), true color, along with derived planimetrics for street centerlines, hydrography, building centroids, footprints for major structures, and digital terrain models by December 2004. MicroDATA GIS, Inc., recently was selected to complete the statewide addressing files by 2007.
Orthophoto and Mapping Phase RFP
(1) Expression of Interest EOI# SAM-0202 (Nov. 2002) PDF format
(2) Preliminary Photo Coverage Index Map (Nov. 2002) PDF format
(3) West Virginia Selects BAE SYSTEMS to Provide Digital Mapping Services (Apr. 2003)
(4) BAE SYSTEMS ADR Project Status (Click on WV Project Tracking)
Advancement of State's Spatial Data Infrastructure
(1) WV SAMB Impact on WV Spatial Data Infrastructure (Jan. 2003) Word Document
(2) Potential NSDI/Government Value-Added Products (Apr. 2003) Word Document
Addressing Phase RFP
Expression of Interest EOI# SAM-0301 (Aug. 2003) PDF format
WV Statewide Addressing and Mapping Board Website (http://www.addressingwv.org/)