WV GIS GOVERNMENT DAY
This day will focus on government agencies' accomplishments and goals towards advancing the State's Spatial Data Infrastructure. The session will include:
- Guidelines for coordination of geographic information technology: seven success measures and nine coordination criteria for a successful statewide GIS program.
- Up-to-date status of core geographic data layers, including current and future directions and stewardship responsibilities.
- A state and federal summary report of each agency's mapping priorities and accomplishments for West Virginia. Select presentations will be given from members of the geospatial community.
- Local government reports or presentations of established countywide or municipal GIS programs.
- An overview of key federal and (i.e., National Map, TIGER Modernization, FEMA DFIRM, Homeland Security) and state (MLMP, WVSAMB) geospatial programs.
- Strategic Business Plans and Standards (e.g., National Map Business Plan, State Digital Tax Map Guidelines, Local Government GIS Plans)